Need a new or renewed Passport? We can help!

The #1 rule of international travel (and one of the most commonly overlooked) is to have a valid passport. Without a valid passport, you won’t make it past the security gates at the airport, let alone to your study abroad destination!

Every person leaving the country needs a valid passport. So how can you get one or renew an existing one? Well, it’s not too hard, especially here at Florida State University. The International Programs office has been designated as an official Passport Acceptance Facility by the U.S. Department of State, so we can issue them right here on campus. Students, faculty, staff and members of the community or surrounding areas are welcome to stop by the office and apply for a U.S. passport book and/or passport card.

As a Passport Acceptance Facility, we are authorized to receive your completed application for a U.S. passport and submit the application along with all necessary documentation to Passport Services. Passport Services will then determine eligibility for a U.S. Passport. It is important to note that only the U.S. Department of State can make the final decision to issue a passport to an individual.

As part of our services, we are happy to provide the necessary forms required to apply for a U.S. passport book or card. In addition, we offer on-site passport photo services. So, basically, we can do it all! All you need to do is come in to the Passport Office, which is open Monday-Friday from 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m, with all of your required documentation. You can find information on everything you need to bring in & more, including fees, here! Make sure to read all the details carefully, as specifications do apply under certain circumstances, like name changes and age restrictions. Happy travels!


  1. To apply for a passport do I need to bring a check for payment or can I pay with a debit card?

  2. Excellent piece of writing! Thank you for passing
    on and I have most definitely learned several ideas.
    Have youu got a mailing list I can check out?

  3. Hi

    I’m a prof here at FSU and you helped with my passport a year or so back,

    I’m going to Dubai and want to take my son, but his Passport expired. Also, I cannot seem to locate the old version.

    Any advice regarding how to proceed? I have t recent passport photo of my son.

    Thanks for your help,


    1. Hello! Yes, we can help you with that. There is a form for lost passports. Give our passport office a call at 850.645.9714 to learn more about how we can assist you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.