Ready your phones, GoPros, and cameras for our annual video contest! We want to see your study abroad adventures — everything from lectures around the city to bucket-list weekend excursions!
If you need inspiration, check out our YouTube channel to see the types of videos we’re looking for.
Learn more about the rules, criteria, & prizes below.
Eligibility, Rules, and Requirements:
- All students studying abroad or interning through FSU International Programs during the Summer 2019 term are eligible to participate. International Programs employees are not eligible to win.
- Videos must be under three minutes long (around two minutes is ideal).
- By submitting, you agree to allow International Programs to use your video for promotional purposes. International Programs reserves the right to use all or part of your video for marketing purposes. International Programs also reserves the right to edit the video in any way.
- International Programs reserves the right to disqualify submissions that use copyrighted content or are inappropriate or offensive.
- Only one submission allowed per person. Entries are final when received.
- Video demonstrates engagement in the community and global awareness.
- Video demonstrates using the city as the classroom.
- Video shows:
- Historic sites
- FSU study center or housing/classroom facilities
- Other students (Bonus points if students are wearing FSU clothing)
- Video is appropriate (no excessive alcohol/partying, family members would think it is appropriate).
- Video quality is good (flows smoothly, camera steady, shots are in focus).
- Video music quality is good (goes well with video content, not distracting).
- Video is engaging (keeps interest, visually captivating, makes viewer want to study abroad in the location, etc.).
- Submissions must be entered to IP-Media@fsu.edu by 5.00pm Eastern on Friday, 23 August 2019.
- Videos must be submitted as .mp4 or .mov files. Do not submit a link to a YouTube video.
- International Programs’ staff members will judge video submissions based on the criteria outlined above.
- Three finalists will be awarded prizes. The grand prize of $100 will go to the first place winner. The other two finalists will receive $50 each.
- The winners will receive their prizes in the form of a check from FSU International Programs.
Tips for Great Videos:
- Film your videos in landscape mode (horizontally) as if it were a movie.
- Clean your lens before filming (phone cameras get especially dirty with fingerprints – simply wipe them gently off before taking a photo or video).
- Don’t apply over-the-top filters that distract from the video itself.
- Keep your camera or phone on you – you never know when the perfect moment will arise!
Questions? Ask us at IP-Media@fsu.edu