We’re all familiar with the millennial Golden Rule: pics or it didn’t happen. This summer, International Programs is holding a video contest for all students studying abroad, so get those cameras ready! After all, did you really study abroad if you didn’t make a video/picture compilation set to an upbeat, mildly popular (but not too mainstream) pop/edm/indie song featuring all the highlights of your trip? Nope.
What’s in it for you, you ask? Well, besides a feature on the International Programs YouTube channel, THREE winners will receive cash prizes! The grand prize winner will be awarded $100 and two finalists will receive $50 each. Check out the contest guidelines below. We look forward to seeing your videos!
Tips for Success:
- Video must be under 3 minutes — 2 minutes is ideal.
- Keep your camera on you! You never know when the perfect moment will arise.
- Demonstrate your engagement in your new community.
- Highlight cultural activities, historic sites, classrooms, housing and the city!
- Feature other IP students (bonus points for wearing IP apparel).
- Use music that isn’t copyrighted to avoid getting your audio muted.
- Use only appropriate footage — if you wouldn’t show it to your family and friends, it shouldn’t be included!
- Any student studying abroad in the summer through International Programs may participate.
- Only 1 entry per student — entries are final once received.
- IP reserves the right to disqualify submissions that include inappropriate, offensive or copyrighted music, images or photography.
- Through submitting, you agree to allow International Programs to use your submitted materials for promotional purposes.
- Submissions must be made via email to the International Programs Social Media Coordinator, Sara Gomez (email@example.com), by 5 PM EST on Friday, August 24th.
- All files must be in their original media file format (preferably mp4) — not links!
If you have any questions, please contact our Social Media Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out last year’s submissions for some inspiration!